White Bean and Endive Salad
Recipe courtesy Claire Robinson, 2009
* 1 red bell pepper
* 1 (15-ounce) jar or can stewed cannellini beans, drained
* 2 large heads Belgian endive (red or green or a combination), trimmed and sliced
* 1 lemon, zested and juiced
* 2 tablespoons garlic-flavored olive oil
* Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Roast the bell pepper until charred (either over a gas flame, grill or broiler). Peel, stem, seed and chop into a bean-size dice.
Put the beans, red peppers, endive and lemon zest into a serving bowl. Add the lemon zest and juice and drizzle with the garlic oil. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and toss the ingredients until well-combined and coated in dressing. Serve as a yummy chopped salad or as a dip with more endive leaves.
Danielle Omar, MS, RD
The Food Confidence Expert